Thursday, January 15, 2015

The Hands and Feet of Christ

Today, I'm still overwhelmed by God's provision that took place last night. There is never a need that goes unprovided for. But we never know how that provision will take place...we simply trust, give as He commands and with a cheerful heart, and He provides. The need never, ever goes unprovided for.

With everything going on regarding my previous surgeon suddenly dropping the ball and leaving me to pick up the pieces and in quite a hurry, I had to schedule 3 surgeon appointments for consults that are all the way in Cummings, AL, Huntsville, AL, and Gainesville, GA. All of those appointments cost $40 for the consult, $60 to see the new physician (one time fee for each new physician seen required by insurance), and a $125 administrative fee for the Gainesville physician to look over my previous files.

Normally, we would be able to pay those bills and simply be on a "tight" budget for the rest of the month. This is due to my disability check (although a small amount of $450, you can see how large a part it can play in a month such as this). We are expecting it very soon. However, it won't be in soon enough for my appointments. As a matter of fact, the payment has been delayed over 60 days beyond what my attorney was expecting. So, we are running $200 short this month.

I mentioned the recent situation about the previous surgeon and needing to find a new one quickly to the sweet choir at FBC Oxford, and I also mentioned briefly to pray for provision due to the prospected accumulation of the medical bills. The director, Justin Holland, closed us out in prayer, praying for each request specifically. As Justin was about to close us out in prayer, a sweet member of our choir stood up and simply said "I'm going to put a basket by the door. If you feel led, let's each give a little to help one of our own when it's needed." I couldn't hold back the emotions...and all night, they kept coming. And guess what...I'm still cryin' like a baby. Do you remember the need? The need ($200) was met +$6 in addition to several gift cards.

Praise Jehovah Jireh - He is our Provider!

Philippians 4:19 
And my God will meet all your needs
according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.


If you were one who generously gave, Rence and I can't tell you how moved we are by your humble act of servitude and your overwhelming generosity. FBC Oxford stands out in such a positive and Christ-like manner fluently, but also by stepping up to serve our community. We can't even begin to tell you how humbled we are that we can spend time on mission and in worship with such an amazing group of Christ-followers who clearly follow the leading of the Holy Spirit.

With love, thanks, and praise to God!
The Cochrans

No comments:

Post a Comment