Monday, January 26, 2015

Search for a Spinal Surgeon (Again), Week 1


Image from www.joyful-expression.blogspot.com
 So I've had a few weeks to recover from the big blow I took from my previous surgeon, being told at the 2nd visit that I was fine and he never said he'd do surgery (all of this is contrary to his notes, which I have in my personal records now and will be making a complaint using this evidence). We had been preparing for this since October 22nd and we were so extremely excited. January 9th was "dooms day" (our last appointment) with this previous surgeon, and the day I began the search for a new one.

Now that we are up to speed, I can tell you that God and I have been growing ever closer through this entire mess. That's the way it always seems to work, which is a beautiful thing - he can use something so broken and painful and turn it into something to glorify himself. I have prayed so fervently for the provision of a surgeon (among the 3 I will see between Jan. 29 and Feb. 4) who is skilled, compassionate and wise. I have prayed that these doctors do not simply look at the paperwork (as most doctors do and stop at this point), but that they also use my experiences with my pain and lack of mobility (and listen compassionately), as well as the use of examination, in order to come to a conclusion as to whether or not they feel they can help me. I'm praying for my anxiety to be calmed, as I've felt more anxious and depressed lately than usual (I struggle with chronic chemical depression, which is normally controlled very well with anti-depressants and supplements for my adrenal fatigue, but I still have episodes once every blue moon that it rears it's ugly head.). I do have that peace that God is with me, no matter what depth the water I tread. I also have peace that God has set aside one of these three physicians to guide me to the right help, whether that be surgery or another physician or surgeon.

What I'm asking from my precious friends & family are for prayers on these days and especially at these times below:


January 29th, 3:30 pm - Appointment in Gainesville, GA
January 30th, 9:00 am - Appointment in Cartersville, GA
February 4th, 1:30 pm - Appointment in Huntsville, AL

James 5:16
Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment