Thursday, October 16, 2014

Tips & Tricks: Pain Level & Medication Log

I began using a log for my medications, as I take many during the day and it is very hard for me to remember how many I took at 8 a.m. when it is 8 p.m. at night. Taking 6 tablets a day for 4 different medications gets tiring and difficult to count. So, I am on day 3 of using this simple and custom-made pain level & medication log. I thought I would share in case it helped anyone out there in similar circumstances get a little more organized.

* For privacy purposes, I used the medications written in the document below as an EXAMPLE. My personal medication log looks very different. You can customize yours as well.

You can copy and paste the below text & grid into a Word Processing program on your computer.


Pain Level & Pain Medication Log

Patient: Beth Anne Cochran (Bday: ____________ )

 

Date
Time
Pain Scale Rating
Medicines Taken
Notes
10/16
10 a.m.
5
Motrin 400 mg -  2 (tablet)          Tramadol 50 mg - 2
Topomax 50 mg - 1                    Cymbalta - 0
In pain, but mostly preventative (grocery shopping)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment