Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Forgiveness

1 Samuel 16:7

But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not look at his appearance or at the height of his stature, because I have rejected him; for God sees not as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."

I believe, on too many of occasions, we (myself included) sadly get caught up in believing what others say about us, how they present us, and the judgments of spiritual maturity based on physical struggles. Through those hurtful times, it can be hard to forgive, especially when one may not realize his or her fault in the misinterpretation of another. However, we must forgive those that wrong us or make mistakes that affect us, including the times that one does not realize the effects of his or her judgment(s). We must demonstrate the attitude of grace and forgiveness, just as Christ forgave the most appalling acts committed by man. We find forgiveness so extremely hard at times because, on the contrary, un-forgiveness is what is engraved in our human nature. This, I believe, is one major reason that the act of forgiving another is so extremely powerful. Through forgiveness, we will find freedom and healing. Christ forgave the murderer, the adulteress, the child-abuser, rapist and molester. And he extended that same forgiveness, love and grace on me...someone who makes mistakes daily, yet I strive to live a life of encouragement to others. I pray that others see my heart for ministry, my goal to inspire others through Christ's hope and joy that has radically changed my life....not as a means of human praise, but praise to my Heavenly Father for using even the toughest, oddest circumstances for His glory. I am absolutely nothing without my Lord, my King, my Precious Redeemer & Romancer. He has the power to turn every tear into joy...it may take a time of healing, but with God, all things are possible. 

Mark 11:25


And whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father also who is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.”


Matthew 18:21-22


Then Peter came up and said to him, “Lord, how often will my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as seven times?” Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you seven times, but seventy times seven."

Lyrics to the Song
Forgiveness by Matthew West 

It’s the hardest thing to give away
And the last thing on your mind today
It always goes to those who don’t deserve

It’s the opposite of how you feel
When the pain they caused is just too real
Takes everything you have to say the word
Forgiveness

It’s always angers own worst enemy
Even when the jury and the judge
Say you’ve got a right to hold a grudge
It’s the whisper in your ear saying, “set it free”
Forgiveness

Lord, show me how to love the unlovable
Teach me how to reach the unreachable
Help me now to do the impossible
Forgiveness

It can clear the bitterness away
It can even set a prisoner free


There is no end to what its power can do


So, let it go and be amazed
By what you see through eyes of Grace
The prisoner that it really frees is you
Forgiveness

No comments:

Post a Comment