Saturday, April 4, 2015

Spinal Surgery Recovery

Day 4 Post-Op (3.30.2015)
I know many of you are really curious to know how I have been doing regarding recovery from spinal surgery. I just want to share with you how well my recovery has been going. Every step of recovery has been on track with the average timeline of recovery for this particular surgery, if not better, and my pain has been purely post-op pain thus far (which has been well-managed for the most part).

I do not feel the old sacroiliac joint pain that I used to feel so
Cuddle-time with Brayden
Day 6 Post-Op
severely (the most severe pain I experienced, by far)! I can't describe the joy and gratitude to my Romancer, my Savior, my Healer, for the healing being brought upon my body - one day at a time.

Post-Op Day 5 (3.30.15)
I'm still taking it slow, and full rehabilitation will take at least 18 months just from this surgery. I am still using my walker for one more week via mandatory instructions from my surgeon/doctor, but am SO ready to walk unassisted in a few months, if not sooner. But simple things like pain relief in the SI (sacroiliac) joint of the spine are improving my quality of life in such an incredible way.

With the help of my generous daily volunteers, the boys and I have been able to go out a few times this week for fairly short outings, and it gives me a great opportunity to gain some strength in my legs and back by walking for short periods of time with the assistance of my walker. My doctor/surgeon wants me
Post-Op Day 7 (4.3.2015)
walking up to 15 minutes at a time with my walker once or twice daily. At this stage of recovery, the more I stay mobile, the more quickly I will heal. My first outing was on Wednesday, April 1st (Day 6 post-op), and I was definitely not afraid to be the slow-poke of the group.

I have my first physical therapy appointment on Friday, April 10th at Clinton Ray Ortho. & Sports Med. My follow-up with my surgeon/doctor is on Monday, April 6th at 11 to check on everything.

I can't wait to see what God is going to continue to do through this amazing opportunity!







Psalm 30:1-12
(Emphasis Mine)

I will exalt you, LORD, for you lifted me out of the depths
and did not let my enemies gloat over me.
Lord my God, I called to you for help, and you healed me.
You, LORD, brought me up from the realm of the dead;
you spared me from going down to the pit.

Sing the praises of the LORD, you his faithful people;
praise his holy name.
For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime;
weeping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.

When I felt secure, I said, "I will never be shaken."
Lord, when you favored me, you made my royal mountain stand firm;
but when you hid your face I was dismayed.

To you, LORD, I called; to the LORD I cried for mercy:
"What is gained if I am silenced, if I go down to the pit?
Will the dust praise you? Will it proclaim your faithfulness?
Hear, LORD, and be merciful to me; LORD, be my help."

You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,
that my heart may sing your praises and not be silent.
LORD my God, I will praise you forever.

1 comment:

  1. Slot Machines - DrmCD
    Slot Machines and 여수 출장샵 Machines 창원 출장안마 at DrmCD. Buy, sell or trade from the largest online bookstore 강릉 출장안마 in the world. DrmCard also has the best quality 광명 출장샵 video slots and video 강릉 출장안마 poker

    ReplyDelete