Saturday, June 28, 2014

Post-Abortion: Finding Healing & Restoration through the Cross

Image from www.hrfl.org
Scripture:

Ecclesiastes 3:1-4 -
To every thing there is a season, a time to every purpose under the heaven: a time to be born, a time to die, a time  to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; A time to kill, and a time to heal, a time to break down, and a time to build up; A time to weep, and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance.

Psalms 22:24   -
For He has not despised or disdained the suffering of the afflicted one, He has not hidden His face from him   but has listened to his cry for help.

Psalm 23:4 -
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. 
For you are with me; your rod and your staff they comfort me.

Psalm 25:16-18  -
Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. The troubles of my heart are enlarged. bring me out of my distresses. Look upon my afflictions and my trouble, and forgive my sins.

Psalms 30:5b -
Weeping may endure for the night, but joy comes in the morning.

Psalm 31:9-10 -
Be merciful to me, Lord, for I am in distress;
    my eyes grow weak with sorrow,
    my soul and body with grief.
My life is consumed by anguish
    and my years by groaning;
my strength fails because of my affliction,
    and my bones grow weak.


Psalm 46:1 -
God is our refuge and  strength, a very present help in times of trouble.

Psalm 55:22 -
Cast your burden on the Lord,
and he will sustain you;
he will never permit the righteous to be moved.

Psalm 145:9 - 
The Lord is good to all;
    he has compassion on all he has made.

Psalm 147:3 -
He heals the brokenhearted
    and bandages their wounds.


Proverbs 3:5-6 - 
Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding; 
in all your ways submit to him,  and he will make your paths straight.

Isaiah 49:13b -

For the Lord hath comforted His people, and will have mercy on His afflicted.

Isaiah 66:13 -
As a mother comforts her child,
    so will I comfort you.

Jeremiah 31:13 -
I will turn their  mourning into gladness. I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.

Matthew 5:4 -
Blessed are those who mourn,
for they shall be comforted.

Matthew 11:28-30 -
Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”

Luke 4:18-19 (see also Isaiah 61:1-2) -
“The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
    because he has anointed me
    to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
    and recovery of sight for the blind,
to set the oppressed free, 
    to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor."

John 11:33-35 -

When Jesus saw her weeping….He groaned in spirit and was troubled. “Where have you lain him?”  Jesus asked. They said unto Him, “Come and see.” Jesus wept.

John 14:18 -

No, I will not abandon you or leave you as orphans in the storm-I will come to you.

John 14:27 -
I am leaving you with a gift-peace of mind and heart! And the peace I give is not fragile like the peace the world gives. So don’t be troubled or afraid.


John 16:33 - 

I have told you these things so that you will have peace of heart and mind, Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows, but cheer up, for I have overcome the world.

2 Corinthians 1:3-4  -
What a wonderful God we have-He is the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the source of every mercy, and the one who so wonderfully comforts and strengthens us in our hardships and trials.  And why does He doe this? So that when others are troubled, needing our sympathy and encouragement, we can pass on to them this same help and comfort God has given us.

2 Corinthians 5:1 - 
For we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands.

Philippians 4:6-7 -
Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

Revelation 21:3-4 -
And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”


Statistics/Quotes:

"Conservative estimates claim that 43% of women of childbearing age have experienced an abortion."
Surrendering the Secret Pamphlet

"Post-abortion syndrome is recognized as a type of post-traumatic stress disorder. It occurs when a women is prevented from going through a normal and healthy grieving process."
- Sav-a-Live Pamphlet

"Abortion wounds a mother and kills a baby. No mother wants to abort her baby. She does it because she feels in her circumstances she has no other choice. She is believing a lie, not the truth. Post-abortion grief, guilt and shame are real. The truth is that there is forgiveness."
- Sav-a-Life Women's Resource Center

Resources:

Surrendering the Secret (813-931-1804)

No comments:

Post a Comment