Sunday, December 2, 2012

Finding Joy through Rough Circumstances

Image from http://anchoryourlife.com
James 1:2-4 - 2 Consider it all joy my brethren, when you encounter various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. 4 And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.
 
I'm convinced from personal experience that the closer we grow to our precious Lord, the more persecution/hardships we encounter. The trials come one after the other, but if it's for my Lord, I am to count it "pure joy"! I've seen how hardships/persecution help us grow stronger in Him. And it's easier to deal with those circumstances when our eyes and heart are set on heaven. Easy?? Nope...it takes trust that God will carry us through. Trust...complete surrender...it's a hard thing to grasp. Guess where God has been working on my heart this week? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment